Sunday, May 9, 2010

Breast Cancer Walk 2010

Hope everyone had  wonderful Mother's Day Weekend. Jocie made me awesome french toast breakfast, and her and Joseph made me a card and a cute little teddy bear with a picture of them on it. So sweet, followed by my favorite dinner "CHINESE".

Yesterday we attended the annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure against Breast Cancer. Many of you know I was diagnosed at the age of 24 with breast cancer in my right breast and since have had over 18 surgery's including a double mastectomy. Honestly I lost count after 18. I am 32 years old now and I remember the doctor telling me at my diagnosis that most woman with your type of cancer don't get caught at such an early stage and by the time they do realize something is wrong it is too late and most of them die by 30. Why was I so lucky I ask myself sometimes and then I realize it is OK, I don't need to feel guilty for being alive and I don't need to worry about any reasons. I tell myself this all the time "God doesn't give us more than we can handle"
 I hadn't attended a breast cancer walk since the year after my diagnosis. It has been really hard emotionally, I rather forget sometimes about it and then I get over my self pity party and try and think about where I am now. I have a wonderful Husband and Kids and am grateful for everyday I get with them. Needless to say this year was going to be really important for me, as I needed to get over this fear I have about facing breast cancer. I did it, and was so very proud of myself. I walked 3.2 miles with my family, friends and co-workers. I feel so blessed to have everyone walk with me. At the end of the walk a lady came up to me and put a beautiful Gold Medal that says SURVIVOR on it, that was emotional but in a good way it really made me feel that I can now say I am a true SURVIVOR. I will never forget that day, it was so special. I was a little sad that some people didn't make it but that's OK it is what it is.

OK so some of the pictures are out of order, I couldn't figure out how to fix it without deleting pictures. One day when I get time I will figure it out.















Here's part of the team: Jason, Alyce, Jocie, and my Buddy Dawn and little Joe Joe in the stroller













Over 22,000 people attended look at all those supporters. Just Awesome!!
















These girls were doing a dance to cheer everyone on during the walk













Nothing needed to say, the picture says it all







































Edie Lambert from Channel 3













This was amazing, the signs read from Left to Right "In Memory of my Mom", middle says "In Memory of my Great Grandma" and "In Memory of my Grandma" How Precious

















My wonderful Hubby and Lil Man

















Another shot of all attenders
















Team ATG Rehab: Upper Left; Jason, Alyce, KC, Jocie, Me (in pink) Dawn, Jennifer B. Bottom left: Adriana and Melannie from work Thanks everyone for coming !!!!

















"The Finish Line"

No comments: