On 02/07 am I went to the hospital for swollen legs and high blood pressure was sent home to be observed. Into the evening I still had swollen legs and it just seemed so concerning to me but the doctor reassured me that it was nothing. In the evening of the 7th I was messing around on the computer and noticed my underwear to be wet every time I stood up from the computer chair this went on for awhile it was like a trickle. DH was out at a friend’s house and I called him he remembered the doctor saying it would be a gush so I didn’t worry about it he came home and I stood up and it was coming like a water fountain all down my legs and I knew then that my water had broken officially. I was so nervous and excited at the same time. DD had just went to bed so we woke her up and off we went to hospital which is an hour away from our house. I arrived at the hospital around 12am, was admitted and let me tell you when your water brakes it just flows like a river continuously not just 1 gush it is constant. Well when we got to the hospital they checked my cervix and hooked me up I was having contraction every 3-5 minutes and I was dilated to a measly fingertip which was very disappointing. They had me walk around for an hour to see if I made any progress and by this time it was around 3:30am and I made progress to 1 cm wow. So the doctor decided I was not a candidate for cervadil since I was still having constant contractions and ended up giving me pitocin. This went on it seemed like for hours on end I ended up getting an epidural at 3 cm I figured why suffer if I don’t have to and the doctor was willing to give it me. I labored for 22 hours and I just was not progressing and the baby was not descending at all so we decided to do a C-section and they ended up letting my daughter go in as we had planned on her and my hubby to cut the cord together. I was very scared about having a C-section but in the end it was not as bad as I thought at all, at 9:23pm on 02/08 we had our beautiful baby boy Joseph Dylan.
Since I had a c-section I went ahead and had my tubes tied since we don’t plan on having anymore children that’s where the problems began. The procedure was fine but that night I fainted 3 times, my blood pressure was extremely low and in the end found out I had internal bleeding from the c-section which the doctor said is very unusual and I was losing blood from somewhere they just didn’t know where. I just felt like this was supposed to be a time of rejoicing and instead it was the complete opposite. I had the shakes so bad and everything was a big blur. I ended up having to have a blood transfusion to help my low blood pressure at one point they had 4 nurses in my room checking my blood pressure. The next day I had to have surgery again to see where the blood loss was coming from, it ended up being from my tubes so they had to remove them so I am actually 100% sterile now which I was fine with. We were released yesterday on the condition that I promised to see the doctor on Friday am to remove my staples and that I had someone to care for me. I felt like a prisoner there but let me tell you I would so do it again in a heartbeat my little guy he is such a blessing from God. I still have edema worse than before my legs are about 2-3 times their pregnancy size doctor said that is normal with c-section and it should go away in about 2 weeks.
1 comment:
Love the pictures!! You look super cute in that thing on your head Jenn ;) hahaha!!! Love it!!
Sorry you had to go through so much!!! But the most important thing is that you both are OK and I can't wait to see him in person!!!
Post a Comment